It’s summer, which is often a time we try to de-clutter, and “air out” our homes. No one wants to be crammed into an overpacked, stuffy room during these hot and humid months. One way to cut the clutter–use furniture with multi-purpose!
It’s time for your #DSTipOfTheWeek! This is where our expert interior designers offer simple, easy tips that you may have never thought about, or have overlooked. This week’s tip comes from Decorating Solutions designer Dawn Adamec, who calls our Waukesha store home.
Dawn uses this Juno Storage Cocktail Ottoman as an example, and explains, “This is a great piece. You can sit on it, put your feet on it, or set an oversized tray on it and it becomes a coffee table. The best part… remove the top and it becomes a great place to store pillows, blankets (if you have that AC set on high!), magazines, and toys.”
Furniture… it’s not just pretty, it can also be functional! Check in next Monday for another #DSTipOfTheWeek.
Do you have a beautiful view that you’re trying to incorporate into your interior design, but have no idea how to utilize it? Have no fear–Steinhafels is here to help!!
This week’s Decorating Solutions’ #TipOfTheWeek is all about designing to compliment a view. Aaron Keller is an interior decorator at our Menomonee Falls store. He has some simple tips to keep in mind when designing a room with a view.
1) The space should reflect what you see outside, without distracting from the view.
2) Keep the color pallet simple. This lake condo is calm and relaxing like a day at the beach!
3) Don’t clutter the space. Add interest with texture, and stylish shapes in accents and furniture versus adding more.
4) Artwork should be a continuation of the view in color and feel. Don’t use busy or vibrant artwork. Again, the view is the main focal point!
5) Don’t be afraid to bring the outdoors in with twigs or other natural elements to help connect with the view.
6) Use reflective elements to reflect light to add interest. Like these vases and art, mirrors are also a great way to reflect light.
7) Finishes and quality are important–like this dining table set from Canadel! When decorating with fewer items the items you choose to use are more noticeable.
8) Always take advantage of the view when placing furniture. The chair in this photo is a swivel, so you can turn to face the view.
Again, Aaron emphasizes that less is more!! The worst thing you can do is to clutter the space. We post quick and practical decor tips every Monday. Check in next week for another #DSTipOfTheWeek.
We all strive to keep a clean and neat home because we take pride in our living space. Even more, keeping things tidy is also a way to give your home a truly designer look–without having to go out and buy tons of new furniture and accessories!
Get out the notepad and jot down this helpful hint. That’s right… it’s time for another Steinhafels Decorating Solutions Tip of the Week! This week’s tip comes from Interior Designer Jenii Kluver. Jenii works at our Oak Creek store, and helps customers in the southeast section of Milwaukee create the homes of their dreams.
Jenii’s tip is pretty simple: “Removing clutter from surfaces in your home will truly give it that designer look. Stick to a few accessory pieces on each surface, and keep things off of the floor for a clean and minimal look.”
As you see in this picture… less is MORE! Our designers are hard at work on many more quick and easy design tips for you. Check in next Monday for another #DSTipOfTheWeek.