Do you have a beautiful view that you’re trying to incorporate into your interior design, but have no idea how to utilize it? Have no fear–Steinhafels is here to help!!
This week’s Decorating Solutions’ #TipOfTheWeek is all about designing to compliment a view. Aaron Keller is an interior decorator at our Menomonee Falls store. He has some simple tips to keep in mind when designing a room with a view.
1) The space should reflect what you see outside, without distracting from the view.
2) Keep the color pallet simple. This lake condo is calm and relaxing like a day at the beach!
3) Don’t clutter the space. Add interest with texture, and stylish shapes in accents and furniture versus adding more.
4) Artwork should be a continuation of the view in color and feel. Don’t use busy or vibrant artwork. Again, the view is the main focal point!
5) Don’t be afraid to bring the outdoors in with twigs or other natural elements to help connect with the view.
6) Use reflective elements to reflect light to add interest. Like these vases and art, mirrors are also a great way to reflect light.
7) Finishes and quality are important–like this dining table set from Canadel! When decorating with fewer items the items you choose to use are more noticeable.
8) Always take advantage of the view when placing furniture. The chair in this photo is a swivel, so you can turn to face the view.
Again, Aaron emphasizes that less is more!! The worst thing you can do is to clutter the space. We post quick and practical decor tips every Monday. Check in next week for another #DSTipOfTheWeek.