Summer is FINALLY here. Give your patio a fresh, fun, and lived-in feel as we enter these magical 4 months that we live for here in the Midwest!
Get out the notepad and jot down these pointers. That’s right… it’s time for another Decorating Solutions Tip of the Week! This week’s tip comes from Interior Designer Patti Stindt. Patti works at our Madison store, and helps customers in the area create the homes of their dreams. She has some easy suggestions for transforming your patio with some summer sizzle.
Patti says, “There are many easy, fun, and inexpensive ways to turn your outdoor area into a fun and colorful place to hang out. Make your patio more of an outdoor room, and an extension of the home (cushioned wicker sets like the one below are all the rage now!) There are many comfortable seating and dining options that are outdoor friendly. You can also accessorize your outdoor space… with plants, lighting, and fabrics.”
You likely already have some of these items in your home or garage, and you can also check out a local Farmer’s Market for more outdoor inspirations! Our designers are hard at work on many more quick and easy design tips for you. Log on next week for another #DSTipOfTheWeek.
Check out Patti’s recent segment on NBC15 about Patio Transformations HERE!
It’s technically spring, but many of us are probably still suffering from a case of the winter doldrums. One way to catch the spring fever is to bring some of the life and vibrance of the outdoors, in!
It’s time for your Steinhafels Decorating Solutions Tip of the Week to give you some inspiration. This week’s tip is from Menomonee Falls Interior Decorator Beth Kealy.
Beth has some advice for adding some outdoor, rustic flair to your space. She exclaims, “What’s currently on trend? Barn doors, they are showing up everywhere!”
You can hide your TV behind them
Use them for office or spare bedroom doors
They make great entertainment consoles
Many accent pieces also feature barn doors
Beth adds, “These ideas can really ‘fun up’ any space!”
Our designers are always on the lookout for the latest trends. Check in next Monday for another #DSTipOfTheWeek.
Do you have a beautiful view that you’re trying to incorporate into your interior design, but have no idea how to utilize it? Have no fear–Steinhafels is here to help!!
This week’s Decorating Solutions’ #TipOfTheWeek is all about designing to compliment a view. Aaron Keller is an interior decorator at our Menomonee Falls store. He has some simple tips to keep in mind when designing a room with a view.
1) The space should reflect what you see outside, without distracting from the view.
2) Keep the color pallet simple. This lake condo is calm and relaxing like a day at the beach!
3) Don’t clutter the space. Add interest with texture, and stylish shapes in accents and furniture versus adding more.
4) Artwork should be a continuation of the view in color and feel. Don’t use busy or vibrant artwork. Again, the view is the main focal point!
5) Don’t be afraid to bring the outdoors in with twigs or other natural elements to help connect with the view.
6) Use reflective elements to reflect light to add interest. Like these vases and art, mirrors are also a great way to reflect light.
7) Finishes and quality are important–like this dining table set from Canadel! When decorating with fewer items the items you choose to use are more noticeable.
8) Always take advantage of the view when placing furniture. The chair in this photo is a swivel, so you can turn to face the view.
Again, Aaron emphasizes that less is more!! The worst thing you can do is to clutter the space. We post quick and practical decor tips every Monday. Check in next week for another #DSTipOfTheWeek.